Dr. Vanessa GB Gowreesunkar, the Vice President of the International Tourism Studies Association (ITSA). Join us as we dive into a captivating conversation with Dr. Vanessa, an Associate Professor with a wealth of expertise in the field of tourism and travel. Her academic journey encompasses a PhD that seamlessly merges Tourism Management, Communication, and Marketing. Currently serving as an Associate Professor at Anant National University in India, she previously held the prestigious position of Head of Department at the University of Africa. She takes on the mantle of Associate Editor for the esteemed Emerald International Journal of Tourism Cities.
INTERNATIONAL TOURISM STUDIES ASSOCIATION (ITSA):
· Founded on 15 August 2006 in Hangzhou, China.
· Registered in the United Kingdom as a charitable unincorporated association.
· Biennial Conferences held in nine locations from 2006 to 2022.
· ITSA 2024 now being planned (10th).
· ITSA is a Membership organization of top scholars, researchers, and practitioners in tourism and hospitality.
· International Journal Tourism Cities IJTC is owned by ITSA and began publishing in 2015.
OBJECTIVE OF INTERNATIONAL TOURISM STUDIES ASSOCIATION (ITSA)
The objective of the Association is to bridge the gaps in tourism studies and research, education, and training between developed and developing countries.
INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR
TOURISM RESEARCHERS AND TOURISM PRACTIONERS IN INDIA
Why should Tourism Researchers and Tourism Practitioners become a member of International Tourism Studies Association ITSA?
BENEFITS OF ITSA MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership certificate
2. Conference registration discounts – 15%
3. Participation in special interest groups (sigs)
4. Tourism practioners and researchers shall get international support from other professionals across the globe.
5. Philip Pearce Trinergy program – Trinergy teams up eminent scholars with developing country and young scholars who have a need to publish. Applications are accepted from members who are early-career academics.
6. International Journal of Tourism Cities reviewer credit program review for IJTC Journal and receive membership and conference fee credits.
7. It’s a newsletter (e-newsletter) – twice per year.
8. Membership directory online – member only access (names and research interests).
9. Ability to promote own/institutional work to members through ITSA'S social media and newsletters.
10.Access to ITSA webinars and videos of ITSA keynotes and events
11.Access to global/regional partnerships and networks with members and institutions.
12.Membership of ITSA network on LinkedIn.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL TOURISM CITIES IJTC
The International Journal of Tourism Cities (IJTC) is the only academic journal exclusively dedicated to urban tourism research. A peer-reviewed journal, IJTC provides an international forum for the study of urban tourism and tourism cities. The journal aims to be inter-disciplinary in its appreciation of tourism cities and tourism in urban areas.
EMBRACE THE FUTURE OF TOURISM WITH ITSA
In a world where tourism is both a catalyst for economic growth and a vehicle for cross-cultural understanding, the International Tourism Studies Association plays a pivotal role. Bringing together the sharpest minds and dedicated practitioners, ITSA fosters an environment where innovation, collaboration, and sustainability converge. Whether you're an individual researcher, tourism practioner, tourism student, tour operator or a forward-thinking corporation, ITSA offers a platform to shape the trajectory of global tourism and leave a lasting legacy of positive change.
JOIN ITSA TODAY AND EMBARK ON A JOURNEY OF MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS, PROFOUND INSIGHTS, AND TRANSFORMATIVE IMPACT
DR NIRAALEE SHAH
INTERNATIONAL TOURISM STUDIES ASSOCIATION
VICE PRESIDENT INDIA
INTERNATIONAL TOURISM STUDIES ASSOCIATION
LinkedIn: (ITSA group): https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3783610/
We Chat: 请要求加入 please ask to join
International Journal of Tourism Cities (Emerald website): https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/ijtc
Email: Prof. Alastair Morrison firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: Dr Vaneesa Gowreesunkar email@example.com
Email: Dr Niraalee Shah firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Niraalee Shah
Founder: Image Building and Etiquette Mapping